[SOLVED] Cant figure out the issue

CEverett753

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Okay so, bought a new GPU, ASUS TUF 3070ti and a new PSU. Installed with all new cables that came with the PSU and computer will not boot, no display at all. Q code on MB displays AE.
Specs are

Asus chrosshair vi hero
Ryzen 7 3700x
Hypo 212 Evo cooler
G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-28800 DDR4 3600
EVGA 850 Bq, 80+ Bronze 850W
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
The 3070ti mentioned above

Tried installing old gpu and getting the same issue. Any ideas? Sometimes it boots to q code 24

Last edited:
Solution
Tried this today, when the PSU is hooked up with its own old cables the computer won't turn on at all.
That is not helpful at all. Could it be your old PSU actually died before your GPU/PSU swap and managed to damage motherboard as well? Otherwise I start to run out of ideas.

CEverett753

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Hm. My search for AE code suggests it may be a problem with boot device ... try starting the PC with all drives disconnected and see if you'll get display.

Update, tried disconnecting all drives from MB and attempted a boot with only the known to be working 980ti, PSU, CPU, RAM, and MB. Still will not post, unplugging drives prompted qcode 0d with an intermittent qcode of 94. Tried resetting CMOS. Made no difference, starting to believe i may have gotten some bad luck and the motherboard croaked.

CEverett753

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Maybe the new PSU is causing trouble? If you still have old one (and it works) try it with 980ti.

Tried this today, when the old PSU is hooked up with its own old cables the computer won't turn on at all. It's starting to point to a bad board. I'm going to order a new AM4 board today.

Last edited: