[SOLVED] Cant figure out what this clicking is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2020
It's not wires; that's really all I have to say. It has been there ever since I built this system, but It never did this until I switched cases. No case fans. Only GPU and CPU rad. 2060 and Ryzen 5 with 16gb of DDR4. SSD and HDD. It used to only click when I played certain games, and it wasn't hard to run games in particular.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQlOJ23WRIE

Solution
No like I said: I stopped the cpu fan and the noise continued. But here's and interesting discovery; I just got done playing WoW, took my headset off, and realized the sound was gone. But once my system started to slow down because I closed the game. The sound returned.

I know you said the CPU and GPU fan is not what is causing the noise but you don't only have CPU and GPU fan on your system. You have case fan, psu fan, radiator fan etc. One of them is doing that noise. Just find out which one.
Dec 1, 2020
No like I said: I stopped the cpu fan and the noise continued. But here's and interesting discovery; I just got done playing WoW, took my headset off, and realized the sound was gone. But once my system started to slow down because I closed the game. The sound returned.

I know you said the CPU and GPU fan is not what is causing the noise but you don't only have CPU and GPU fan on your system. You have case fan, psu fan, radiator fan etc. One of them is doing that noise. Just find out which one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.