Cant find a IDE DVD rw for old pc, it has no SATA connections

pat9999

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
where can I find a dvd rw internal IDE? I am using win XP and my pc didnt come with a dvd burner. I only have IDE connections NO SATA, and that is all I can find??

Solution
There are plenty of used drives on eBay for cheap, although burners are some of the least reliable computer parts so this can be a little iffy.

Considering how even the fastest DVD burners at 24x (33.24MB/s) fit comfortably within the speeds of USB 2.0, and how many modern computers have no optical drive at all, I would suggest an external USB DVD burner as it's much more likely to continue being useful to you in the future.
There are plenty of used drives on eBay for cheap, although burners are some of the least reliable computer parts so this can be a little iffy.

Considering how even the fastest DVD burners at 24x (33.24MB/s) fit comfortably within the speeds of USB 2.0, and how many modern computers have no optical drive at all, I would suggest an external USB DVD burner as it's much more likely to continue being useful to you in the future.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS