Cant find a mobo

If you have an existing CPU from and old build that makes perfect sense and there are some rather attractive prices and manufacturers try and clear the shelves of old stock.... but many models have already made the "now extinct" list.

But if these arenew purchases, Id rethink the matter.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/252/msi-z87-mpower-max-motherboard-review/12/

I don’t think there’s any compelling reason to move from an Ivy Bridge or even a Sandy Bridge based system to a Haswell system– there simply isn’t enough performance and feature differential to justify it. On the other hand, if you’re building a new rig from scratch, there’s little point in investing in end-of-life platforms, so going Haswell/Z87 makes sense.

Z77 MoBs are on the endangered species list with, again, many models having already disappeared from the market place. Socket 1155 having reached end-of-life status means a failed MoBo a year from now will likely mean replacing both CPU and MoBo as I just had to do with two 1156 systems.

Yes, Z77 OCs 6% better than Z87 but since HW starts out 10% faster at stock it never quite catches up. But if the CPUs from an old build and past the "ya can return it stage" Id recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK which I have used in many builds.

TRENDING THREADS