[SOLVED] Can't find all the options under advanced options when creating a power plan.

Mkeelcab

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
This issue is on my laptop and I was gonna make a simple plan that keeps my cpu from running full blast because for some reason when I plug it in the cpu runs at full turbo ,and gets really hot, and so I want to limit the cpu usage but the options are missing. I had followed a tutorial in which use registry editor to make the options appear and it worked but when put in to sleep it won't wake up, so I undid it and I've tried the tutorials that suggest using command prompt to add them back but they just don't work.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can change processor state in any of the power plan presets. If create your own, the options window for processor state, display, hdds etc should be there. Hopefully the picture below helps.

FQeR41k.png

Mkeelcab

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
That's the problem I don't have those options. The only ones I have are: Desktop background settings, Sleep. Power buttons and lid, Display, and Battery. I followed a tutorial that used the registry editor, and it worked but it kept me from being able to wake my laptop after it being slept. So that's why I'm here to find a solution that gives me back access, and doesn't cause any issues.

Mkeelcab

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
No I only have a balance setting , and same thing only a few useless options. I have no Idea why this is like this cause after I changed back from the reg edit "hack" that put them back, but kept my from waking my computer from sleep, the options I applied why it was in this state still apply after I switched back which means the options are their and work there is just no why to make them appear. I have no Idea why they would remove the functionality, but I'm thinking it some thing HP does because I don't no why else it would be like this.