[SOLVED] Can't find any louder CPU coolers.

2plash6

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 23, 2019
Hi!
What I am saying might seem a little dumb to you, but I prefer the louder coolers. I just think they sound good.
I would rather have a loud one, than a quiet one.

I have an i7-4770k that I am planning to overclock to 4Ghz or higher, if the cooler is efficient enough.

I am looking for a cooler that is loud, efficient, and affordable.

I do not think it would be very hard to find an expensive loud cooler. :)

I can't find any loud reviews for any fans.
I even searched Google:
Worst an Loudest CPU Coolers.
But no relevant info showed up.

I was thinking on going with the GAMMAXX 400, but that is WAY too quiet. I also was planning on buying a Cooler-Master-170c, but I do not know if it will work for me, because since I am overclocking my processor, the 170c might just be too weak and inefficient.:(
I do not know how efficient it is.
GAMMAXX 400 ->170c ->

I want to know if I can combine them by adding the 170c to the other side of the GAMMAXX 400 heatsink, that has no fan, to blast the efficiency of the coolers, and produce even more noise.

Thanks.

Buy ANY 140mm cooler, and put one, or two, of these on there. No other option is likely to give you as good of cooling OR be as loud, except maybe for some of the Delta industrial fans.

With 10.52mm H20 static pressure and 158CFM, it's doubtful there are many, if any, serious competitors.

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-3000-pwm

A pair of those on a Noctua NH-D14 or Scythe Ninja 5 or Thermalright Macho rev.B, you'd have a serious air cooler, that is loud as hell but capable enough of cooling just about anything out there that you could keep stable at a given clock speed.

Reactions: 2plash6
Now I'm wondering about this:
vtx800s_1.jpg

728CFM might be enough...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Currently running NH-D15S with 3x ippc3000 pwm. It does the job though! Deltas would stomp it though, but I think 3000 rpms is my limit...

You run three AFB1212GHE-CF00's as intakes, and you'll never have to worry about overheating.

Don't run them on a tower cooler as push-pull, though...darn things produce a high pitched whistle on HS fins...drives my wife crazy.
Can confirm. The middle fan does the whistle at ~40% fan speed, and it annoys even me at around 60-75%(the whistle is really noticeable and bugs even me at this range).
But at 100% it's not an issue anymore... because it gets drowned out by the other 6 ippc 3000s in my case!