[SOLVED] Cant find BIOS update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2021
I just bought a 5600x to upgrade from my 2600 but I cant find the bios update that supports the ryzen 5000 series. The motherboard is a Asrock B450M Gaming from a cyberpowerpc pre-built

Solution
Goto asrock b450m website. Scroll down to Support. Bios.

FIRST check your own bios to get the version number. Then on the Bios files page find your version. Then start reading the listing above that. You may have to update the bios in stages as Agesa makes changes. So it may take several version updates to bring you current. Or just 1. Depending on manufacturing date of the motherboard and actual version installed.

Just be absolutely sure you have the correct motherboard, not the b450m pro or steel legend etc. or you can brick the bios.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

FIRST check your own bios to get the version number. Then on the Bios files page find your version. Then start reading the listing above that. You may have to update the bios in stages as Agesa makes changes. So it may take several version updates to bring you current. Or just 1. Depending on manufacturing date of the motherboard and actual version installed.

Just be absolutely sure you have the correct motherboard, not the b450m pro or steel legend etc. or you can brick the bios.

Solution
Feb 15, 2021

I cant seem to find my motherboard in their website

Status
Not open for further replies.