[SOLVED] Can't find bootable devices after disabling csm and enabling secure mode on ASUS B550F wifi

Jan 7, 2022
Hello, I would appreciate any help regarding this.

after I disabled the CSM and enabled secure boot on tuf b550 Wi-Fi motherboard, I can’t see any bootable devices therefore I can’t go to the windows, I have dual boot installed with Ubuntu

Solution

after I disabled the CSM and enabled secure boot on tuf b550 Wi-Fi motherboard, I can’t see any bootable devices therefore I can’t go to the windows, I have dual boot installed with Ubuntu
What I recall reading is secure boot doesn't work with Ubuntu in dual boot...but I've also read it can be set up to do so. I use neither Ubuntu nor a dual boot configuration so don't know personally but it appears to be a bit of a specialized application with it's own process for setting it up. You may have to set up the dual boot...and maybe even install both OS's again. That would be a bummer.

What I recall reading is secure boot doesn't work with Ubuntu in dual boot...but I've also read it can be set up to do so. I use neither Ubuntu nor a dual boot configuration so don't know personally but it appears to be a bit of a specialized application with it's own process for setting it up. You may have to set up the dual boot...and maybe even install both OS's again. That would be a bummer.

Solution