Question Can't find cause of stuttering issue when gaming ?

Jun 1, 2021
Recently, I've started noticing a frequent pattern of stuttering in games I've been playing. Most notably Mass Effect Legendary Edition, MechWarrior 5, The Outer Worlds, Senua's Sacrifice and a handful of other games. I've seen online that UE:4 has really bad asset streaming but I never imagined it to be this bad.
I've reinstalled Windows, going as far as to not install third party applications to perform testing but all the games still have a stuttering issue. Mostly with loading assets on the fly. All of these games are running on an MP600 SSD which is Gen 4.

Specs are:
RTX 2070 Super
MSI X570 A Pro
16G RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

The CPU is cooled with an AIO in the 70's on a heavy workload and the GPU never reaches 80. The RAM is a bit funky, it's Corsair Vengeance LPX that's rated for 3600mhz but is unstable at that speed. Currently runs at 3200. I've read online that RAM can be an issue in some cases but I've never seen this type of stuttering in games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and that game runs buttery smooth. It's starting to drive me a bit crazy, I can power through it but I'm at my limit. If anyone knows what could be causing this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Can you check and see what version of Windows 10 you're on at the time of writing? You should ideally be on version21H1 for the OS. Version of BIOS for your motherboard? As for your ram, are you running them on X.M.P or are the timings manually input in BIOS?

Jun 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Can you check and see what version of Windows 10 you're on at the time of writing? You should ideally be on version21H1 for the OS. Version of BIOS for your motherboard? As for your ram, are you running them on X.M.P or are the timings manually input in BIOS?
Power supply is a toughpower gf1 650 gold, had it for only one year. Windows 10 is running on the latest update, same with nvidia drivers. Bios is currently on the latest update as of 2 days ago. I am using X.M.P so the timings are set automatically but I've lowered the speed from 3600mhz to 3200mhz as 3600 isn't stable for some reason.