Can't find hdd after installing windows 10

k1rito

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
So I posted a few days ago about my computers' disk drives being wiped during a failed windows update. I was able to reinstall windows onto my ssd via a bootable flash drive. Unfortunately, my hdd does not show up in either the BIOS or in windows. I have a lot of data on that drive, and if I would like to see if it's possible to see if it's still on there. Any ideas why my computer isn't detecting it? It's hooked up using the same sata cables as my ssd, and I even tried switching the cables to make sure the cable was fine and the ssd still showed up, but not the hdd. It's a 1TB blue WD drive. I lost all my programs on my sdd which sucks, except for some reason it kept my desktop background. Maybe because I am logged in on my Windows account?

Solution
Its current Uninitialized state may mean whatever was on there is gone.
I do not know how it got to be that way.

Possibly the drive was dying, which was the case of the problem (failed windows update) in the first place.

USAFRet

Titan

This looks bad.
Disk 1 would seem to be your HDD? Unknown/Not initialized?

k1rito

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Indeed, it won't let me initialize it because the size is too small...I am going to try and use a partition recovery tool and see if I can get it fixed. I didn't even notice the disk on there, so thank you for pointing that out.

USAFRet

Titan
Its current Uninitialized state may mean whatever was on there is gone.
I do not know how it got to be that way.

Possibly the drive was dying, which was the case of the problem (failed windows update) in the first place.

Solution