Can't find HHD after installing atk drivers

hhhvnnn

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Hi, I just put a SSD for windows and linux in dual boot and have the old HDD as DATA, as I install some drivers, like the ATK package from ASUS, my HDD vanishes. If I turn the ELAN touchpad and the ATK package off and reboot I can find the HDD again.On linux it's all nice.
Thanks,
Henrique

Solution
Try the BIOS/UEFI suggestions as well. As for those drivers, I'd suggest that you check the laptop manufacturer's website. Usually they keep 2-3 versions for each driver just in case there are some issues with the latest update. If you can't find any you could contact the manufacturer's customer support and ask for assistance.

Please keep me posted.
Hey there Henrique.

Try using a different version for those drivers to see if the same thing happens. Even if it's not the newer one, as long as it doesn't give you trouble it should be OK. Try updating/resetting your BIOS/UEFI. Check for available Windows updates, in hopes that installing them might fix things up if it's some sort of weird incompatibility issue.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

hhhvnnn

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016

Do you happen to know where can I get those outdated drivers?
Thanks

Try the BIOS/UEFI suggestions as well. As for those drivers, I'd suggest that you check the laptop manufacturer's website. Usually they keep 2-3 versions for each driver just in case there are some issues with the latest update. If you can't find any you could contact the manufacturer's customer support and ask for assistance.

Please keep me posted.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS