[SOLVED] can't find latch to remove gpu on kaili2 motherboard

Feb 21, 2020
I am trying to uninstall my gpu (gtx980) from my kaili2 motherboard but I can't find the latch to release the gpu, nor do I know how Im meant to press the latch to remove it, any help would be greatly appreciated. My pc is a pre-built from HP called the 'HP ENVY Phoenix 810-405na desktop PC'.

Solution
Its only a concern if the case gets jostled a lot. The GPU is still secured at the expansion braket.

Make sure the locking pin is remove also. If you only broke the handle off and the tab is still intact, its going to be VERY difficult to get the GPU out next time!
If the GTX 980 has a back plate it makes it very hard to get to those latches. Some times i will use a long thin screw driver to get to it.

Depending on how much room you have you might be able to come up from the bottom of the case and get under the card and press the latch

Feb 21, 2020
there is a back plate but I can't find anything which remotely looks like a latch but one thing, and when I press it it feels like it requires way too much force for it to be an actual latch, if I posted a picture could you tell me if you think it's a latch or not? Thanks for the quick reply :)

There are a few different common types:

081-02.jpg

081-04.jpg

081-06.jpg

gpu-install-4-of-7-100580848-orig.jpg

Feb 21, 2020
If the GTX 980 has a back plate it makes it very hard to get to those latches. Some times i will use a long thin screw driver to get to it.

Depending on how much room you have you might be able to come up from the bottom of the case and get under the card and press the latch
wait does that mean that the latch I need to press is on the gpu or on the motherboard? Sorry I'm new to this

Feb 21, 2020
Thank so much to both of you the card is out! :) however I also snapped the latch, that shouldn't be a problem if all I'm doing is putting another card in though should it?

Its only a concern if the case gets jostled a lot. The GPU is still secured at the expansion braket.

Make sure the locking pin is remove also. If you only broke the handle off and the tab is still intact, its going to be VERY difficult to get the GPU out next time!

Solution