Can't find latest preview update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy sung

Distinguished
I'm in a lurch on 10162. I haven't received an email to update to 66, and windows is telling I'm up to date. Suggestions? My friend got 10166 installed, and he's having an issue with resolutions, so I'm trying to install now to see if I can replicate/help solve it

Solution
the build you have is the build that went to the slow ring. the newer builds are for us risky people or the fast ring. ifg you want to go into the risky ring go under updates and change the update speed from slow to fast and reboot. on reboot the newest iso should download.
the build you have is the build that went to the slow ring. the newer builds are for us risky people or the fast ring. ifg you want to go into the risky ring go under updates and change the update speed from slow to fast and reboot. on reboot the newest iso should download.

Solution
it fine...it better some time to stay on the slow ring. as a tester too with windows 10 i had to reload it twice when bad update happened. all that happened was the pc went into a start up failed loop. the pc i use all it has is a few games and email so it easy for me to nuke and pave it.

sammy sung

Distinguished
Also, I'm not getting the same resolution issue he's getting. Under advanced display, it says he's running at 1080p but the desktop displays at a much smaller res. He's individually adjusted his icons to be smaller now so everything fits, but it's bothersome

I didn't experience the same issue.

Any ideas?

make sure if he has a newish pc he has the video cable on the gpu and not on the onboard video port. with the gpu make sure he running the newest amd or nvidia driver. it the video driver that going to set the video res. make sure if his monitor maxes out he has the video res set to the same max as the monitor or the icons will be large.

Status
Not open for further replies.