Cant find Local area connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbraqston

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I am using a laptop with only wifi and no Ethernet so I am using a usb docking station to get an Ethernet connection. I upgraded to windows 10 and downloaded the latest driver for the docking station (specified for windows 10) but I cant get my computer to connect. when I go to my network connections I only see the wireless adapter and the Bluetooth connections. In device manager the Ethernet adapter is installed and doesn't show any issues. any ideas on what might be going on?

Solution
Hello mbraqston

This might be due to some compatibility issue. Can you please check if you can install the previous version of the driver and see if that works fine?

Additional Information
Even though some drivers are designed for the latest operating systems, depending on individual devices and configurations, sometimes such drivers don't work and the older ones do.

Good Luck!!
Hello mbraqston

This might be due to some compatibility issue. Can you please check if you can install the previous version of the driver and see if that works fine?

Additional Information
Even though some drivers are designed for the latest operating systems, depending on individual devices and configurations, sometimes such drivers don't work and the older ones do.

Good Luck!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts