Can't find NVIDIA folder at "C:"

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018
As the title say I cant find the NVIDIA folder and I need that folder because I have a problem with my drivers and to slove that problem i need the NVIDIA folder. If you can help find the folder or even better help me with my problem I will really appreciate that and you will save me a few days of
Headaches.

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

I still can't find the NVIDIA folder. The problem is when I try to install the drivers it says "the graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". And I have already removed my drivers in safe mode with DDU

You may want to start at the beginning, list full system specs, what happened before the issue started. Did your video card work before? If it did, what happened before the issue started?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you already ran DDU, then it removes all traces of the folder - that's why you cannot find it.

As for "no compatible hardware".... that's concerning.

What are you system specs? Are you sure you're connected to the GPU, rather than onboard graphics?

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

(Copy paste from Speccy)
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600 @ 3.30GHz
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
‏‏‎8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H110M-S2H-CF (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Gigabyte)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA HDWD110 (SATA )
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD1
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio.
Actually I don't remember anything that can cause the issue, one day i tried to update my driver from GEforce Experience and then it said "the graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" so i uninstalled the driver and tried to install them back but it keep saying that and to fix that issue I need to find the NVIDIA folder. yes my card worked before.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The Nvidia folder has nothing to do with anything here. If the driver you downloaded cannot find compatible Nvidia hardware, that's the issue.

You haven't physically changed anything? The connection (HDMI, DP etc) is still connected to the GPU and not the onboard on the H110M ?

Have you tried reseating the GPU?

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

Hmmm how do i know if im connected to the GPU or to onboard graphics? I dont understand

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

I will try reseating my GPU tomorrow

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

If i direct it to the driver file i downloaded it do nothing and yes I downloaded the driver from Nvidia website

If the only issue is that you can't update the drivers but the card shows in device manager and properties show the nVidia drivers for it, I would just leave it running as it is. You may have messed it up more though with running DDU since that would have wiped even those older working drivers.

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

I updated the drivers with Driver Easy and Snappy Driver and the date of the driver is from 3 months ago so if I want to update the drivers i need to wait for Easy Driver's Drivers to update. So you say leave it as it is?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Driver "update" utilities are notorious for all sorts of problems - there's really no need for them to exist.
At best, they're pointless -- at their worst, they're viruses/spyware/keyloggers.

I don't believe Driver Easy is inherently "bad" (just pointless).... never heard of Snappy Driver, but I'm not too familiar with driver utilities.

Out of curiosity, have you tried installing the GPU driver in safe-mode? Not ideal, but possible.... and would at least rule out software/program level issues causing the failure.

I would assume, a questionable update utility would want to force you to continue using it.... so might have some way to block a standard driver communicating with the hardware..... but that's complete speculation on my part.

You said you tried the nVidia utility to update the drivers, this is getting more confusing now. As already said in other posts, don't use driver utilities unless they come from the vendor of the product you are updating.

If you right-click on the nVidia 730 card in device manager, then look at the driver properties, what does that say? Is the card working as it was before?

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

Yes the card is working when i check the properties

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

the problem is that i can't use GeForce to update my drivers

Are you having issues with it? If not, no need to update the drivers if it causes issues. if you are not sick, no need to go have surgery just because you did not do it yet this year.

TRENDING THREADS