[SOLVED] Cant Find RealTek HD audio

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello i just Recently upgrade to a ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming Motherboard with a i7-10700k and i am having a problem where i installed the Realtek drivers from the motherboard website and i cant find it anywhere, i looked in Control panel and its not there.

Solution
Hello i just Recently upgrade to a ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming Motherboard with a i7-10700k and i am having a problem where i installed the Realtek drivers from the motherboard website and i cant find it anywhere, i looked in Control panel and its not there.
Windows should install default drivers that fully support RealTek audio chip. But the default Windows control panel is limited and strange and requires more clicks than I feel necessary to do anything.

I found a Realtek HD Audio control panel in the Windows Store that's full-featured, provides a lot more control of the Audio jacks and looks much more modern. I installed it and it works just fine.
Is the audio working on your PC?
What do you see listed under "Sound, video and game controllers"? If you see High Definition Audio, that is your audio controller. Asus just re-brands the Realtek audio chip on the ROG Strix motherboard.

ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A

Windows should install default drivers that fully support RealTek audio chip. But the default Windows control panel is limited and strange and requires more clicks than I feel necessary to do anything.

I found a Realtek HD Audio control panel in the Windows Store that's full-featured, provides a lot more control of the Audio jacks and looks much more modern. I installed it and it works just fine.

Solution