Question Can't find the option to change the Vram buffer on Galax a320m motherboard for ryzen apu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2020
Recently buy a Galax a320m motherboard with ryzen 3 3200g but the vega graphics os set to 512 mb default and I have 16 gb on 3200mhz ram but can't find the option the change the Vram buffer or increase the Vram for this apu help me guys

Oct 14, 2020
The Vram buffer limit on the 3200G's iGPU and the system ram aren't even related, if I recall correctly, so there's really nothing to do here.
but there should be an option on bios settings right that the Vram buffer limit would be 2gb or some motherboard has more , in Galax bios i am not able to find out that most probably it will be on Advanced Tab ,its been 2 day ,still looking and its been set to default 512mb ,so someone already using Galax motherboard with an APU Might help me

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The A320 motherboards got short-changed from a lot of stuff, they are after all the lowest level, lowest ability, lowest budget motherboards, the only Ryzen motherboard series to not allow overclocking the cpu/apu.

If you had a B or X series motherboard you'd probably find the ability to enhance the vram buffer.

Oct 18, 2020
Recently buy a Galax a320m motherboard with ryzen 3 3200g but the vega graphics os set to 512 mb default and I have 16 gb on 3200mhz ram but can't find the option the change the Vram buffer or increase the Vram for this apu help me guys
Hey Bro i am facing the same issue like you, i just build a new pc with ryzen 3 3200g and galax a320m and i also could not find the option to change the vram buffer size and it is set to 512 mb by default.. i just want to ask you 1 question is that are your facing any problem in gaming? like fps drop or stuttering? cause i have seen some youtube videos where they compare 512mb vram to 2gb vram and there is absolutely no difference in fps. so i just want to confirm it from you. thanks in advance

InvalidError

Titan
i have seen some youtube videos where they compare 512mb vram to 2gb vram and there is absolutely no difference in fps. so i just want to confirm it from you. thanks in advance
The amount of memory reserved for the GPU from BIOS makes absolutely no difference since the IGP has access to the entire system memory space regardless of what you set it at from BIOS and drivers will allocate whatever extra amount of memory the IGP needs beyond that. The main reason the setting exists at all is because some software will refuse to run if the "GPU" does not report a sufficiently large memory size.

Oct 18, 2020
The amount of memory reserved for the GPU from BIOS makes absolutely no difference since the IGP has access to the entire system memory space regardless of what you set it at from BIOS and drivers will allocate whatever extra amount of memory the IGP needs beyond that. The main reason the setting exists at all is because some software will refuse to run if the "GPU" does not report a sufficiently large memory size.
Ohh... Now i get it, thank you so much for your kind reply :) Now i don't have to worry

Oct 14, 2020
Hey Bro i am facing the same issue like you, i just build a new pc with ryzen 3 3200g and galax a320m and i also could not find the option to change the vram buffer size and it is set to 512 mb by default.. i just want to ask you 1 question is that are your facing any problem in gaming? like fps drop or stuttering? cause i have seen some youtube videos where they compare 512mb vram to 2gb vram and there is absolutely no difference in fps. so i just want to confirm it from you. thanks in advance
I just have a updated my Bios and it's is fixed i got that bios from from Galax india pin me to the whatsapp 6290331162 i will share the new a320 bios to you 🤘🤘🤘

Status
Not open for further replies.