Can't find the right Intel Graphics Driver?

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
I'm really struggling to find the right graphics driver for an ASUS VIvo VM42 (I think it's a VM42) Mini PC.

We recently upgraded our whole system to Windows 10 LTSB. This installed perfectly fine on the PC but it's using the Microsoft Basic Graphics driver, which isn't capable of adjusting to the right resolution for the screen we're using with it.

I'm trying to find the right graphics driver for the PC but I'm drawing no luck.

• ■ I searched the hardware ID, which suggested that it was an Intel Graphics card
    ■ I checked the Manufacturer's website, which only offered NVidia drivers.
    ■ The hardware is definitely Intel as I've tried installing the NVidia drivers
    ■ I've tried various generations of the INtel Graphics HD driver, none have worked.
    ■ Using DXDiag seems to suggest it's an Intel Desktop/Mobile HSW graphics card but I can't seem to find a driver for that

Can anyone tell me how I can find out which is the best graphics driver for this machine? I think I need to know which generation of graphics card I have? I don't mind if I have to put an older version of the driver on the PC initially, I can always update it to the latest afterwards, but right now I can't find anything that works.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017

Thanks! I'd seen the show all button but assumed it referred to all types of driver rather than all VGA drivers. Sorted. The machine also only had a 30GB SSD inside so I've replaced that with a larger drive.