[SOLVED] Can't find TPM on my motherboard with intel CPU

myhind0

Reputable
Sep 3, 2018
I've been looking for hours on how to enable it, can't find it anywhere on the bios, is there any way to enable it ?

motherboard : H81M-S2PT
cpu : ntel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz Haswell

thank you.

Solution
I've been looking for hours on how to enable it, can't find it anywhere on the bios, is there any way to enable it ?

thank you.
This is for Win 11?

Patience. "How to install Win 11" is very much up in the air right now.

And you may need to actually purchase a TPM hardware module.

USAFRet

Titan

thank you.
This is for Win 11?

Patience. "How to install Win 11" is very much up in the air right now.

And you may need to actually purchase a TPM hardware module.

Solution

thank you.

TPM is typically a laptop security feature for corps that's not found on consumer motherboards. If you're wondering about Win11 support there's no need to be concerned as Win11 will work just fine without a TPM module.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

thank you.
Looking at the motherboard manual (quickly, I admit), I didn't see a TPM header on the motherboard layout, nor a setting in the BIOS to enable PTT. I would translate that to mean that you MAY need to modernize your rig.

Before taking that leap, I suggest waiting to see what (if any) changes MS makes to system requirements prior to actually releasing Win 11. There is no hurry here.

Reactions: drea.drechsler