Can't find where everything plugs in on ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI/ac mobo

Dusk_27

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
I have the ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI/ac motherboard and the Phanteks Eclipse P400 tower, and I think I almost have the pc ready for use. But, I can't find where the H.D.DLED, power sw, and reset sw cables plug in. I also don't know how to plug in the tower's fans, I can't even really find the cords. And I'm not sure if the RGB is plugged in either. This is my first pc build, I know very little about pc's and I'm really struggling to even attempt to understand the mobo's manual to figure out where to plug stuff in.

I'm really just lost at this point.

Solution
The motherboard manual is going to be your best bet to figure this out as all motherboards don't have connectors in the same location. The connectors on the board and on the cables themselves are usually labeled (albeit in tiny font) so you should be able to use that as well as the manual to figure out where everything plugs in. As for the fans, try to find where they've routed the cable and follow them until you find them. Remove as many panels from the case as you can to make it easier. The motherboard should have fan connectors on it for case fans. As for RGB, is this motherboard RGB?

Alt231

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
The motherboard manual is going to be your best bet to figure this out as all motherboards don't have connectors in the same location. The connectors on the board and on the cables themselves are usually labeled (albeit in tiny font) so you should be able to use that as well as the manual to figure out where everything plugs in. As for the fans, try to find where they've routed the cable and follow them until you find them. Remove as many panels from the case as you can to make it easier. The motherboard should have fan connectors on it for case fans. As for RGB, is this motherboard RGB?

Solution