Can't fix error 0xc000007b on Windows 10

JanisPoz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2013
Hello,
I've been struggling for the past few days with a fairly common error from what I can find. As mentioned in the title it's the 0xc000007b error when opening an application. I've been trying to fix it myself by searching the internet for different fixes.
Thus far I've tried everything on this page
http://www.techcrises.com/how-to/how-to-fix-error-code-0xc000007b-in-windows-7-8-8-1/
I've also tried downloading and replacing files from here
http://freewisdoms.com/download-dll-files-commonly-used-by-games/
And I've also installed a program called 'aio-runtimes' which seemed to install a lot of older programs I may not have had in my computer.
This is a recent problem which appeared couple of days ago when I updated my computer from windows 8.1 to windows10. On top of that, once installing the new windows (I did this due to my old one breaking down completly) I ran roguekiller and malwarebytes. This was my first time using these programmes and after the main scan I ticked all the boxes for PUPs even the ones that weren't auto ticked. I may have accidentally removed some files that shouldn't have been removed.. but the disk scan and repair would have fixed that, I would think.
As you can see, I've tried different methods and it still comes up with the same error. I feel stuck and require assistance in this matter.

Edit: Just to be clear. The order I did things.
Using Win10
Broke my OS
Reinstalled win8.1 from official disk
Tried my old games (which worked before) ... some didn't work
Upgraded to Win10 (games still didn't work)
Installed drivers such as net framework, amd graphics drivers, java, visual C++ and ran malwarebytes with roguekiller
Tried the old games (which worked at the very begining)... didn't work (the 0xc000007b error on launch)
Searched internet, found the 'replace these dll files' method and tried that by giving me full control over system32 and syswow64 folders
Tried the games... didn't work
Used the first link to try all the methods.. still no success
Downloaded aio-runtimes which installed visual c++ 2005,2006,2008,2012,2013 and I already had 2015. It also installed net framework and java of some older versions I didn't have
Games still didn't work
Came to here for help
UPDATE: Reinstalled Windows 10 with the 'keep your old apps' setting. Games still don't work
UPDATE 2: Reinstalled Windows 10 fresh using the 'do not keep anything' option. Used the official AMD disk to install the drivers... games still don't work... I'm getting really desperate now..
UPDATE 3: So I was thinking why is this problem only the case with some games and not the others. I tried to find similarities and realised they're all relatively recent games all released after the initial release of Win10 (I think, not 100% sure). So I thought maybe it's to due with not having the latest build of Windows. So I spent all night and today up until now to update Windows to its latest build available just to discover it has had no impact and the games still don't work..

If it has any relevance, the games in question are 'dark souls 3', 'AC: Chronicles series', 'Attack on titan. Wings of Freedom'
If it would be just one game it wouldn't bother me... but that's quite a list I've found just in couple of days, I dare not to think what else I may not be able to run in the future.

JanisPoz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2013

No, I reinstalled a fresh windows from a disk. I had a win 8.1 installation disk that I used

JanisPoz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2013
So I downloaded a newer version of aio runtimes v2.3.8 (the install was in german but I dont think that would be an issue) and used this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35&tduid=(d7ff88d5cc29978038270103b6b1784e)(266696)(1503186)(skim68756X1529833Xb3f159252491919b49451cf719cf23a6)() to download DirectX updates.... it did not help... What is killing me is the fact that these games worked all the way at the beginning before my initial OS broke down and back then I didn't need to install anything manually. I really don't understand why is this happening or how to fix it so I beg for assistance

Although its done with good intentionbs, manually installing tons of drivers is a good way to stop things working. Just install the factory disc drivers then try running games on a clean install. If it needs anything extra installed to run them it will prompt you. Windows is clever and we all overkill with driver/dx/runtime updates imo.

JanisPoz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2013

Thats the problem though. I did think 'what if I screwed something up' so I did a clean install for Windows using the official disks and installed the drivers using the AMD disk and then updated Windows to its latest build from the official website and tested the games but they still came across the same error upon launch. I only tried installing drivers and aio and copying dll files manually afterwards since the 'automatic' updates didn't seem to work.

JanisPoz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2013

Right... I have no idea what the hell was I doing before but the problems seem to have gone after installing from iso file just purely Windows 10. I deleted completely everything in the setup menu and installed it on a completely 100% empty disk. Updated only the windows updates and the games seem to work now. What was I doing wrong before, why did it not work.... None the less than you very much

JanisPoz

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2013

Thank you for spending your time to assist me. You were right together with Multipack. I would've chosen your answer as the 'solution' but I did see his answer first and then tried it and then came back seeing your answer. None the less, thank you very much for your help, it all works now