Can't fix "This copy of Windows is not genuine" error

Psyga

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
I just got this error again. It has happened to me before, but I was able fix it. This time, for whatever reason, I can't.

I run CMD, then I type SLMGR -REARM, but then I get a message that says "Error 0xC004D307 The maximum allowed number of re-arms as been exceeded. You must re-install the OS before trying to re-arm again."

So I open the Registry Editor (regedit) and go to SkipRearm, modify the number from 0 to 1, restart, repeat what I did in CMD before, restart, and I still see "This copy of Windows is not genuine"!

I don't have a Windows 7 installation disc, but I've had it installed for 2 years on my PC and it worked like a genuine version of Windows until earlier this year when I started getting this error.

Is there any way to fix this? Or do I have to deal with this problem until Windows 10 comes out?

Solution
If it came preinstalled contact the company you took the pc from. If you trully own this windows copy prove it to Microsoft
"This copy of Windows is not genuine" means either you or the one that installed the OS pirated it
This forum does not support piracy in any form

vesp3r

Distinguished
If it came preinstalled contact the company you took the pc from. If you trully own this windows copy prove it to Microsoft
"This copy of Windows is not genuine" means either you or the one that installed the OS pirated it
This forum does not support piracy in any form

Solution

TRENDING THREADS