[SOLVED] Can't flash BIOS

Oct 7, 2019
Some specs:
ASUS G11CD
H110-I mobo
i5-6400 CPU
GeForce GTX 960 GPU
16GB DDR4 RAM

I recently bought a new CPU (i7-7700) but forgot to update the BIOS first. I am using the original CPU to try and flash BIOS. Whenever I try to use WinFlash, it reads, "ATK Package not installed". However, I have already gone to ASUS's support page and downloaded the ATK. For some reason WinFlash isn't detecting it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? And if so, are there any solutions? Responses are greatly appreciated!

Solution
I've seen this happen - not sure what the solution is inside Windows, but it actually ends up being for the best.

Download the BIOS ".cap" file and put it on a USB stick.
Then enter the BIOS and use the BIOS flash functionality from there - follow the prompts, select the .cap file and you should be good to go.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I've seen this happen - not sure what the solution is inside Windows, but it actually ends up being for the best.

Download the BIOS ".cap" file and put it on a USB stick.
Then enter the BIOS and use the BIOS flash functionality from there - follow the prompts, select the .cap file and you should be good to go.

Solution
Some specs:
ASUS G11CD
H110-I mobo
i5-6400 CPU
GeForce GTX 960 GPU
16GB DDR4 RAM

I recently bought a new CPU (i7-7700) but forgot to update the BIOS first. I am using the original CPU to try and flash BIOS. Whenever I try to use WinFlash, it reads, "ATK Package not installed". However, I have already gone to ASUS's support page and downloaded the ATK. For some reason WinFlash isn't detecting it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? And if so, are there any solutions? Responses are greatly appreciated!

You'd have to download the BIOS file from https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/G11CD/HelpDesk_BIOS/
I suggest using the EZ Flash in BIOS, not WinFlash.

Oct 7, 2019
Thank you both for your responses. One more question though:

I was able to download the next BIOS from ASUS’s support page. It is BIOS version 1002. Is this version compatible with the i5-6400 already in the PC? I’m only asking this since I’m extremely worried about bricking my computer. Again, thank you for your responses.

TRENDING THREADS