Question Cant format external

Amirul_3

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
I just bough a seagate and when i when to format it through disk management it say
The semaphone timeout period expired.. Why?... I want format my external because it in raw.. I cant format using quick format because it hangs when i open on file explorer.taking awhile to load.. Sorry for my english :p

Amirul_3

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017
Seagate SRD0NF1 2TB.. My friend external hdd working fine on my laptop.. When i want to format on disk management it say i must restart disk management.. When i restart disk management it take long time to load drive.. When i unplug external it load back fine..

tony_parker

BANNED
Jan 15, 2019
If your external drive becomes unresponsive or you’re unable to format your drive then there are chances that your external drive may become RAW or inaccessible. There are various reasons for this issue such as BIOS settings, USB data line, USB interface voltage variability, drive hidden issue, or compatibility issue, etc. Whatever may be the reason, the end result is data inaccessibility or data loss.

You can try below options as a solution for this issue:

1. Establish a connection between another system and USB Data Line to verify whether it is broken or not.
  2. Make sure the system and motherboard are compatible with each other.
  3. Verify whether the USB interface voltage is up to the mark or not.
  4. Use Disk Management to unhide the drive.
  5. Ensure USB is enabled in Operating System as well as in BIOS.

Hope this will help.

Reactions: Amirul_3