Question can't get 5.1 sound from onboard ports msi tomahawk

Jan 30, 2022
I can't seem to get 5.1 sound to work onboard sound w/ MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX. MSI support page shows a download for Realtek audio console from Microsoft store but not working from the store (says problem is on their end and too retry ((also followed all the troubleshooting store page provided)), all to no avail). I've followed the manual for ports but no matter what orientation I put jacks per basic troubleshooting (process of elimination), just cant get sound from all speakers. Has anyone had this issue at all or the problem w/not being able to get Realtek audio console to download from microsoft store. All input and help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. 41 yr old construction worker, I cant just drive it home w/a hammer or put a wrench to it...LMAO

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Most of the sound sources you will find for PC are only stereo anyway. In order to get "Dolby" you typically will only find that within an app such as Netflix, or by testing the speakers. This is not particularly unusual. This is something to do with 'piracy' although I cannot recall the details of it at this point.
You might also note that when in Netflix app, you cannot listen to sound in a web browser such as YouTube...

Jan 30, 2022
Most of the sound sources you will find for PC are only stereo anyway. In order to get "Dolby" you typically will only find that within an app such as Netflix, or by testing the speakers. This is not particularly unusual. This is something to do with 'piracy' although I cannot recall the details of it at this point.
You might also note that when in Netflix app, you cannot listen to sound in a web browser such as YouTube...
my old pc (just got new one) used an old-school Audigy SoundBlaster card. cant use it in new pc as slot only pcie (dont have extra cash for:
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus SABRE32 yet),and i didnt think i would need a card to get sound from all 5 speakers after following MB manual (not being able to get the realtek audio console also seems to be an issue)