Can't Get 60Hz (2160p) Via HDMI Connection

drewwebber23

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
Hi All,

I have just recently purchased my third monitor (LG 27UD88-W) for my home setup. I have the Asus Strix 1080Ti graphics card, which comes with 2 Displayport, and 2 HDMI (2.0). My monitors also have HDMI 2.0, so that's what I wanted to use for this third monitor since the 2 Displayports are already in use. If I'm not mistaken, HDMI 2.0 is capable of 2160p at 60Hz, but I can't get mine to set in that fashion no matter what I do. I've changed out HDMI cables a couple of times with no help. Looking at my "Nvidia Control Panel", I can set my different resolutions on my monitor. If I click on "4k x 2k, 3840 x 2160 (native)", my Refresh Rate choices max out at 30 Hz. This causes a pretty darn high amount of noticeable mouse lag on that screen which is driving me crazy.

I have updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest as well, and yes, if I move one of my Displayport connections to this new monitor, it does come up fully 2160p (60Hz) so I know the monitor itself isn't the issue (perhaps some setting)? Both HDMI on the monitor are 2.0, and one doesn't mark itself as 60Hz while the other doesn't, even though I've tried both just in case.

Just wondering if anyone has run into something similar or has suggestions for things to change. I would really love to complete a 2160p (60Hz) triple-monitor setup.

Thanks for any help!

-D

Solution
I'm sorry everyone. I found my answer quite shortly after posting this thread. On the LG 27UD88-W, there is a menu option called "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color". Once I enabled that, I found 60Hz listed in my Nvidia Control Panel and that cleared things up. My color on my screen did go a little dull, but I also fixed that by manually setting the NVIDIA Color Settings and selecting "Full" for Output Dynamic Range. Sorry for wasting time of those that read, but hopefully this can be a helpful thread to someone else down the line.

-D

drewwebber23

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
I'm sorry everyone. I found my answer quite shortly after posting this thread. On the LG 27UD88-W, there is a menu option called "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color". Once I enabled that, I found 60Hz listed in my Nvidia Control Panel and that cleared things up. My color on my screen did go a little dull, but I also fixed that by manually setting the NVIDIA Color Settings and selecting "Full" for Output Dynamic Range. Sorry for wasting time of those that read, but hopefully this can be a helpful thread to someone else down the line.

-D

Solution