Question cant get a good overclock with my ram

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
my system specs are, ryzen 5 2600 cpu, msi b450 tomahawk motherboard, rtx 2070 founders edition video card, 32gb 16x2 sticks of corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 3000 mhz ram. i can get the rated speed with xmp, but i cant get a stable 3200 mhz out of this ram. i get occasonal blue screens. removed the overclock and blue screens went away. is this ram known for being a poor overclocker?

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
but i cant get a stable 3200 mhz out of this ram. i get occasonal blue screens. removed the overclock and blue screens went away. is this ram known for being a poor overclocker?
Probably simply because it isn't rated to be at that speed. It's not that that particular RAM isn't good for overclocking, but every module is different. And frankly, I never hold much hope for RGB modules because all RGB does, is create more heat. More heat = less OC headroom.

Every module is different, and ultimately, 2 modules of the exact same model could vary in overclocking capability. It would sooner sound like you've tested the limits of your current RAM.

What settings are you applying it all at?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I would run Thaiphoon Burner and get the full specs of your RAM.
Then run the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen and fill in the info you got from Thaiphoon Burner.
Then try the Safe settings it gives you for 3200 MHz.

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
Probably simply because it isn't rated to be at that speed. It's not that that particular RAM isn't good for overclocking, but every module is different. And frankly, I never hold much hope for RGB modules because all RGB does, is create more heat. More heat = less OC headroom.

Every module is different, and ultimately, 2 modules of the exact same model could vary in overclocking capability. It would sooner sound like you've tested the limits of your current RAM.

What settings are you applying it all at?
its rated at 3000 mhz