Question Can't get access to a specific folder.

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hello.
I found a png file I want to replace in a specific directory. It is the Minecraft Bedrock Edition starting screen, and I already made my custom picture to replace it. Windows let me move the original one to the desktop fine (I didn't delete it because I wanted a backup), but it wouldn't let me move the new one the directory.

After messing a bit with authorizations, I got full access to the Windows Apps folder, I could even delete it if I wanted. But there was absolutely no way I could get access to the Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_1.17.4101.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder. In fact, I think I can't get full access to any Microsoft.Something folder. I obviously tried the simple reboot, and made sure that Minecraft Bedrock Edition was closed, and it was.

The game still works but now I have a red starting screen that doesn't say Mojang or anything (because I removed the file). The thing is I basically can't put the file back, or any other file for that matter.

My laptop is running an NVME drive, and it has a SATA bay, so if I really need to I will add a SATA SSD and install Windows on it so I can work with the files on the NVME drive, but I also want to do this to an iMac (running Windows through bootcamp) and this one won't let me boot to a standard Windows install.

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
For now I used mcbeswitcher from FoxyNotail to load a modified 1.17 version (basically where I changed that picture) and it works great but I do not have updates.
I really need to be able to edit that folder (actually just put a file inside).

I Mess With Windows

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hello. I am working on a project which consists of changing the start screen in Minecraft Bedrock Edition. I have all the information I need. The folder I want to edit is in WindowsApps. I was able to get full control of the WindowsApps folder, I could even delete it if I wanted.

However, I couldn't get authorizations to edit the Microsoft.MinecraftUWP.... folder, no matter how hard I tried. Copying it on the desktop to edit it and putting it back in place didn't work - Minecraft would no longer open.

I also could not edit the picture with paint or whatever. For now I used mcbeswitcher and it worked great but I will not receive any updates.
It actually looks like I can't get access to any Microsoft.Something folder inside WindowsApps.
Does anybody know how I could get to do that?