Question Can't get ethernet to work on new build

Sep 13, 2019
I have done a new pc build using MSI mobo, starting with the MSI x570- A Pro, I was able to get it up and running with no issues, except I wasn't getting any light indicators or recognition in Windows that there was a ethernet card. I installed all new drivers and the ethernet still wasn't showing up, so I then put in a ethernet card I had laying around, and that didn't show up in windows and no lights. I switched out ethernet cables just to be safe, still nothing.
At that point I assumed there was an issue with the mobo after several emails back and forth with MSI, since I had just gotten the mobo, I swapped it out with a MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi, did a complete new setup with that mobo.....and I am getting the same issue and this mobo has wifi built in that isn't showing up either......really weird!
I am really at a loss here, and would really appreciate any suggestions or ideas, I have been building pcs(not professionally, but as a hobby) for over 20 years, although I don't do rebuilds as much as I used to, due to less gaming.
Everything on this build is brand new, except the power supply and video card, but both are less than 2 years old.
Here is a list of my specs:
Corsair RM650 power supply
Gigabyte GE Force GTX 1050
16 gb Corsair LPX Vengeance
AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Thanks again for any assistance provided and sorry for the long explanation......

Sep 13, 2019
An update on the previous post, still unable to get any of my regular ethernet to work, whether built in or via a PCIE card, I tried a completely different power supply, with no different results.
Also, tried a fresh Windows install with no success. I did buy a USB ethernet adapter and that works, since all of my USB ports are working, but still could use some ideas on why I can't get any ethernet ports to work or even show up on my system...….