Question Cant get Ethernet to work

Mar 27, 2020
MSI Z390 GAMING EDGE MPG

Dont have a disc drive to install drivers so used my phone to download files. Transferd them using usb to pc but cannot open them as windows says it cant run that as its not from the Microsoft store. Need to get lan drivers so i can get all my drivers. Please help

Mar 30, 2020
MSI Z390 GAMING EDGE MPG

Dont have a disc drive to install drivers so used my phone to download files. Transferd them using usb to pc but cannot open them as windows says it cant run that as its not from the Microsoft store. Need to get lan drivers so i can get all my drivers. Please help
You should be able to just put the cable in the ethernet port to get internet, the drivers aren't required to get an internet connection but you should download the drivers for optimal performance

Mar 27, 2020
You should be able to just put the cable in the ethernet port to get internet, the drivers aren't required to get an internet connection but you should download the drivers for optimal performance

Sadly thats why im posting windows is showing that its got a red cross on the internet sign, plus ive tried 3 different cables and tested them aswell. Windows says there is no drivers for any of them

Mar 27, 2020
This is a brand newboard ive tested it with a multimeter, windows is telling me to reinstall the driver as it dosnt even get picked up for being there the port is flashing orange. The manual said that means there is connectivity but windows dosnt like it.

Mar 30, 2020
This is a brand newboard ive tested it with a multimeter, windows is telling me to reinstall the driver as it dosnt even get picked up for being there the port is flashing orange. The manual said that means there is connectivity but windows dosnt like it.
Oh okay, I don't know how to fix it then sorry.

Reactions: CODYT