Can't get external monitor to work with Lenovo Helix

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnycogs820

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
Hello and thank you for reading.

I have a 2013 Lenovo Helix running Windows 10 that I'm using for college. I'm trying to connect it via mini-displayport adapter to hdmi to dvi to my Acer G276HL monitor.

I've tried updating the drivers for my Helix, which didn't work. Next I tried installing the driver from Acer's website using the manual method in device manager.
When I installed Acer's drivers, I was able to see that the computer recognized the monitor as a G276HL, but it was still just a blank black screen on the monitor.

I then found this help article that seems to be what I need, but I can't figure out how to install a .inf file in compatibility mode.

When I download and unzip the driver for the monitor from Acer, there are just 2 files, one is a .icm file and the other is a .inf file. Neither of these seem to be able to install in compatibility mode, as least as far as I can tell.

Please help me! Thank you!

Solution
Download and install the latest Windows 10-compatible generic Intel HD drivers here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25188/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT-
Status
Not open for further replies.