can't get from 8.0 to 8.1 free update

wilky73

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
I rolled back from windows 10 to my original 8.0 restoration which had gone to 8.1 and then 10. Now i cannot get upgrade to windows 8.1 anymore. Sorry but I 'm old and just unable to tolerate some of the newer technology. All I ever wanted was my old START screen. I have put in a "Classic start shell" for windows 8.0, but that's not a good reason for not letting me go back to windows 8.1 which I know worked well before I got windows 10 (another curse for legacy users).
Thanks...if I get any help.

Solution

I'm back on windows 8.1. It did however take my Streets and Trips and my re-installation of Flight Sim 2004 again. I did a 707 Mb download of KB xxxxxx windows 8.1 upgrade but was promptly told after that download it didn't apply to my windows 8.0 PC. a few days later(last Saturday it flashed up on my screen from Microsoft I was all set to go with windows 8.1. Of course, I lost my programs again.

Thanks for the help.....Problem solved.

wilky73

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016

I'm back on windows 8.1. It did however take my Streets and Trips and my re-installation of Flight Sim 2004 again. I did a 707 Mb download of KB xxxxxx windows 8.1 upgrade but was promptly told after that download it didn't apply to my windows 8.0 PC. a few days later(last Saturday it flashed up on my screen from Microsoft I was all set to go with windows 8.1. Of course, I lost my programs again.

Thanks for the help.....Problem solved.

Solution