[SOLVED] Cant get full HD resolution

Oct 9, 2019
After i upgraded my GPU the resolution doesn't fit the screen but instead exceeds the actual screen so i cant see the windows menu bar.

To fix this i tried Nvidia control panel scaling, and i can got it to fit my monitor in the resolution of 1810 x 1010?

however that doesn't seems optimal, also it looks more like 480 p and not even close to being full HD.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
The options are zoom1, zoom2, widescreen, auto and 16:9 its at 16:9 now like it was before i swapped out my GPU
If none of those options fix it, you will need to compensate for it in the NVIDIA control panel (although it will reduce image quality).

de7u8Z9.png

Could be you need to adjust vertical & horizontal width of the picture using the monitors adjustment buttons (only do this after you've set the correct display resolution in Windows).
That type of adjustment is typically only available on analog VGA connections.
Oct 9, 2019
What monitor? Video card? How are you connecting them? Update the driver?

monitor: Prosonic 22LED 5006D
Old GPU: GTX 460
New GPU: GTX 1070
its connected with a displayport to HDMI cable, i have also tried with HDMI
i´ve updated it to the latest driver with via Geforce Experience

The options are zoom1, zoom2, widescreen, auto and 16:9 its at 16:9 now like it was before i swapped out my GPU
If none of those options fix it, you will need to compensate for it in the NVIDIA control panel (although it will reduce image quality).

de7u8Z9.png

Could be you need to adjust vertical & horizontal width of the picture using the monitors adjustment buttons (only do this after you've set the correct display resolution in Windows).
That type of adjustment is typically only available on analog VGA connections.

Solution

Latest posts