Cant get into BIOS, keyboard not working!

zabunko

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Hello!

So since yesterday I have this weird problem with my PC! It never did this before so I honestly do not know what has gone into it. The problem is next: when I came back from workout 2 days ago I left my PC on and was greeted with "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key", I said okay, loaded up BIOS changed it to SSD where it was installed(do not know how it could just randomly change) and everything was fine.

The other day I went to sleep leaving my computer on and waking up 2 hours later I am also greeted with same message but this time keyboard is not working no matter where I plug it! Now I am not a IT expert or something but I think what I have is USB keyboard.

Anyways been using Windows 10 for like a well since it was released for download so it is not a new copy nor and old PC(has like 2 years) but as said before something like this never did before! It is really annoying when you need to finish some presentations on PC but cant, please help fast! :(

Solution
ideally u shd always keep ur pc clean...dust can cause a whole lot of problems...thats the basic thing u shd always do even before looking elsewhere as the answers u ll find will always assume that u have a clean computer...
but as long as its fixed, thrs nothiing better...glad it wrkd for u...cheers mate :)

zabunko

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

Well I do not know how I should feel about this, I dusted out all the dust that was in the case and viola it suddenly works. Does that make and sense or connections to my problems?

ideally u shd always keep ur pc clean...dust can cause a whole lot of problems...thats the basic thing u shd always do even before looking elsewhere as the answers u ll find will always assume that u have a clean computer...
but as long as its fixed, thrs nothiing better...glad it wrkd for u...cheers mate :)

Solution

zabunko

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

Yeah thanks for help anyways, now if I run into any more problems I know where to ask! :)