Cant get into bios?

winther

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Hello! :)

I am going to build a new computer some time next week so I wanted to start by tested my new compoents so I put them together and the motherboard box just to let it run overnight..

I have installed windows but now I cant get into BIOS?

I have a feeling that it is very simple but I cant find it in the manual with the first few glanses..

I guess its because it has turned on rapid start or whatever its called. But when I start up I dont get the usual screen telling me that I can press DEL to enter BIOS.. and if I press DEL under the startup I end of with a screen that says I have to press ENTER to start windows or use TAB to mark the memory diagnostic tool.

so how do I get into my bios?

its the ASUS Sabertooth Z77

regards

G

by pressing the DEL key several times when you hear the beep or just before the post screen.

if you wait to hit it, you're too late.

I agree.
I have the same problem. Sometimes my loading screen flashes by too quickly or I never even see it.

Press the DEL key every two seconds and you should get a rough idea when is too late or too early to start pressing it.

Selecting a longer POST might help a bit (does a bit more testing of RAM and may delay things enough to see the boot screen with DEL key option showing).