Can't get into BIOS

trustafox

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
I have a gigabyte 880 mobo. the pc boots up fine in to windows. but on post if I press delete it goes to a blank/black screen that flashes. How black flashes I'm not sure but it does lol

why can't I get into BIOS? Do I need to reset it? I'm I pressing wrong thing but post says press delete. F12 to boot options doesn't work either.

ideas would be great.

1foxracing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I had a friend with the same issue recently and what the problem turned out to be was he had the keyboard plugged into a USB3 port instead of the USB2. What the problem is that the drivers don't load for the USB3 ports until the operating system loads. Make sure your keyboard is not plugged in to a Blue (USB3) port. I'm not familiar with your motherboard though so maybe it's something totally different?

PrvtChurch

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

USB 3.0 plugs are Always (I've never seen one that isn't) Blue. Plugging it into a different plug should fix the issue.

trustafox

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

Mine isn't plugged into USB I checked. Blues are empty. I'm in the black ones with mouse and keyboard.

trustafox

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

I solved it!! doh!! I have 2 monitors and it was showing on the one I hadn't turned on!! as its small and don't use it much. Its set to not mirror in windows so had not thought it was mirror in boot up

hill-belly

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hi,
If it were me. lol
#1 I would remove the GPU and reinstall the GPU. If that didn't help I would go to step #2
#2 I would take the battery out and reset the bios. pin 1&2 defaults and pin 2&3 (reset) I think.
Good luck and hope it helps, hill-belly