[SOLVED] Can't Get it to 3600mhz. Ryzen Build

Jan 3, 2019
So i just bought and new cpu and mobo, after i finish the instalation i saw that my ram was at 2133mhz so i thought it needed docp.
so i used the only docp profile that was 3600mhz after that i restarted the pc and it does three consuctive restarts and it changes back to 2133mhz.
after that i go into ai tweaker and change the DRAM frequency only and test some dif speeds out until i get stable 3000mhz couldn't go above that. help me get to the 3600mhz speed ,btw dont have experience at overclocking.

Cpu:Ryzen 5 2600x(stock)
Ram:G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4-3600MHZ CL17(F4-3600C17D-16GTZR)
Mobo: asus PRIME X470-PRO
GPU:ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
Cooler:MASTERLIQUID ML240R RGB

Solution
The sweet spot for Ryzen memory seems to be around 3000 MHz. Check the QVL list of the motherboard for your memory. Ryzen systems are picky about the RAM that they will support. I would suggest returning the RAM that you have.

If it is on the QVL list, you can try a replacement. If it isn't on the QVL list, replace it with one that is. And 3600 MHz isn't very likely to be on the list. Most QVL lists for AM4 motherboards don't go past 3000 MHz (a few have had 3200 MHz).
The sweet spot for Ryzen memory seems to be around 3000 MHz. Check the QVL list of the motherboard for your memory. Ryzen systems are picky about the RAM that they will support. I would suggest returning the RAM that you have.

If it is on the QVL list, you can try a replacement. If it isn't on the QVL list, replace it with one that is. And 3600 MHz isn't very likely to be on the list. Most QVL lists for AM4 motherboards don't go past 3000 MHz (a few have had 3200 MHz).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS