Question Can't get memory above 2133Mhz on asus tuf gaming x570-plus (wi-fi)

Apr 14, 2020
Edit:
Update, I guess it's working now. I'm not actually sure when it started working bc I was judging based off the first bios screen speed numbers. I found those must be inaccurate because in CPU-Z it was showing the full 3600Mhz. Ran a userbench to confirm and it shows me running above expectation now instead of way below like it was this morning. The only thing that I ultimately changed was dram voltage to 1.4v. The rest of the settings I left at the DOCP(XMP) defaults for the profile.
View: https://imgur.com/a/VYzOGVi

I guess I'll leave this up in case anyone else runs into this problem and thinks they're still stuck on 2133Mhz when they are actually performing as they should.

---------------------------------------------------
Parts:
TUF Gaming x570-plus (wi-fi) with latest bios version 1407
Ryzen 9 3950x
g.skill F4-3600C16Q-64GVKC 64GB(16GB*4)

I just replaced the memory with this version because the previous memory was having the same issue. I figured it was because it wasn't supported so I made sure to get one in the QVL for this mobo. Still not working.

I'm new to OCing or really doing anything in the bios, but I've looked through a lot of posts of people having the same issue.

I've tried updating to latest bios.
Tried both DOCP and Manual settings.
Haven't messed with the timings.
The only time I've seen any change is when I upped voltage to 1.36 and manually entered the speeds, but then it black screened for a while before booting into safe mode.

I'm a little wary of messing with stuff too much since I'm out of my element in the bios. Most people that seemed to have resolved this are only using two sticks and just swapping slots but I need all 4. Wondering if anyone has had luck with this situation.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020
I'm in a very similar situation. Same board and BIOS version. RAM is G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600. DOCP is enabled. I have not messed with voltage settings. Memory settings have been an issue since I got the board. I've had lots of stability problems.

BIOS says the speed for the memory is 2133, just like yours. UserBenchMark says it's clocked at 3600, as does the memory tab in CPU-Z. But if I move over to the SPD tab, it too says 2133. Does yours say that, too?

So, which report to trust? Or are these different things? I thought this board was supposed to support memory at this speed. Is 2133 just the max bandwidth for each slot?

Hflacgl.png