[SOLVED] Cant get my Corsair Vengeance DDR4 over 1499mhz

Feb 24, 2022
Mobo: B350M Gaming Pro
Ram : Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz 8gbx2
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: RX 6600

I've tried all kinds of BIOS settings, XMP on or off nothing seems to help

Feb 24, 2022
I just don't think that my RAM is getting full use of the highest frequency my brother and friends pc say 2400+ when they look in task manager under speed. Does it look to you that I am getting 2933 or half of that? and as far as updating bios I will need a flashdrive for that correct?

I just don't think that my RAM is getting full use of the highest frequency my brother and friends pc say 2400+ when they look in task manager under speed. Does it look to you that I am getting 2933 or half of that? and as far as updating bios I will need a flashdrive for that correct?
Post a screenshot from the UBM results page that shows all the devices.
Not a page that displays ram results.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Set xmp so it set's memory timings then change CL to 16 instead of 15. Make sure dram volt sets to 1.35v. SoC 1.1v.

If that doesn't work try changing timings again and set ram speed manually to 2933.

Try gear down mode on or off if your bios supports that option in both scenarios, Xmp vs manual.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Supported RAM speed up to 2666. Beyond that is OC and not quaranteed.

1499 MHz = 2998 MT/s because of DDR.

What are the exact specs of the RAM. Is it C15 or C16 and what's the version number?
DRAM_label.jpg

boju

Titan
Ambassador
So Bob is right and your ram is running correctly and both Windows and UB are reading sdr, same with cpuz. I don't know why Windows is getting confused and pretty sure UB gets it's info from there. Cpuz is correct, it always reads sdr for frequency under memory tab. You multiply that number by 2.