Question Can't get my Laptop to display more than 60Hz although it supports 120Hz.

Mar 13, 2020
Hi,
I've been trying for days to get my moniter to display in the native refresh rate for it, no luck so far.

Specs:
ASUS TUF GAMING FX505-DT
AMD Ryzen 3750H With Radeon Vega Mobie Gfx
16GB Of DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 with 4GB of GDDR5 Video Memory
120hz 1080p Anti-Glare IPS Display (Based on website information)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I've Tried so far:

- Reinstalling both NVIDIA & AMD Drivers (Including updates)

• Reinstalling Windows 10 Home x64 (now on build 1909)

• Advanced Display settings only shows 40Hz and 60Hz Option. no further than that*

• Browsing AMD Adrenalin 2020 Settings, no luck

• NVIDIA Settings are not showing any options (because the display is powered by the AMD Gfx)

• BIOS Update

• No option in BIOS for any Display options

• DDU (as last resort)

( *= I've tried this after every step. No luck )

I'm really looking into sending the laptop to warrenty. I've tried everything so far. Looking forward for any answers

NVIDIA GPU Driver date

AMD GPU Driver date

Advanced Display Options

EDIT: Rest of model number: fx505-DT-BQ045t

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020
it's stated that it is up to 120HZ. And going by the specifications page for that model there seems to be two different versions

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505DD-DT-DU/specifications/

15.6" (16:9) FHD (1920x1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel 45% NTSC
15.6" (16:9) FHD (1920x1080) 120Hz Anti-Glare IPS-level Panel 45% NTSC
https://www.jarir.com/sa-en/asus-fx505dt-laptops-530153.html
This is the store i bought the laptop from.
If you see one of the reviews state that this model is indeed, a 120Hz Display.

May 11, 2020
oh BRuhhhh same. My laptop has the same specs as yours AKA exact model, and it says 120hz before i buy it, after i bought it i realised that the max hertz was 60.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Most of the time it's not a lie, more of an evasion of truth. Those models can be configured and built differently according to user specs. It most likely is a 120Hz capable screen, but only if used in conjunction with the top line spec'd gpus and batteries and cpu available for that model. The base model sold in stores not having that ability with the lesser gpu/cpu. So you'll see wording like 'upto 120Hz capable' etc. Doesn't mean that's what you got.