Can't get my Syncmaster 152t to work

Gherkin

Distinguished
May 6, 2003
Here's the deal. I plug it into my Windows 98 machine through the RGB. I plug the power in. I turn the computer on and I get no image.

The weird thing is, sometimes it will look like the screen is lit (though no image from Windows) and then I'll move the monitor and it will blank out so it looks like it is in standby mode or something. When it's like this and I press the menu button, the menu doesn't pop up. If I then move the screen around a little, it will go back into the "lit up" state and I can then press menu and see it.

Another weird thing is, whenever I plugged my old monitor back in the first time and I logged into Windows, it said that new hardware was found and it went and got the neccessary drivers. And now whenever I look under the "Display Properties" 'Settings' tab, it says I am using the Syncmaster, even though I have my old MAG hooked up currently.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is wrong with my monitor?

Syndil

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
Sounds like either a loose connection or a short in your video cable, especially since the display goes into standby simply by moving it around. Sounds like it is losing all video signal entirely, as if you have turned the PC off, thereby causing it to go into standby. Have you got another video cable you can try? If that doesn't fix it, it may be that the VGA connection on the monitor itself has come lose from its PCB. In that case, its not going to be an easy fix.

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML