[SOLVED] Can't get new build to POST, VGA and BOOT LEDs are lit ?

Feb 22, 2021
System:
i5-10400F
ASRock B460 Steel Legend
MSI GTX1660ti Ventus
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb RAM 3600mhz
Corsair RM650
Samsung 860EVO SSD
Corsair 275R Case

Hi this is a new build that a friend of mine is building and I'm trying to help her remotely due to lockdown.

When she boots up everything seems to turn on. (Fans spinning etc.) but no display output. The motherboard has 4 LEDs of which two (VGA and BOOT) are lit up. The DRAM led was previously on as well but we fixed that be reseating the RAM.

We have already checked all power supply cables are plugged in and removed and re-seated the graphics card. The cpu has no integrated graphics so we can't try without the card unfortunately .

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Thanks xxx

Solution
Check SSD power and data cables. Try other known working SATA power and data cables serving the drive(s). (If multiple drives just connect the intended boot drive.)

==== Video ====

Likewise for the video connection: try another known working video cable and/or other video ports.

==== Windows 10 ====

Windows 10? Are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Are you able to get into BIOS?

Ralston18

Titan
Check SSD power and data cables. Try other known working SATA power and data cables serving the drive(s). (If multiple drives just connect the intended boot drive.)

==== Video ====

Likewise for the video connection: try another known working video cable and/or other video ports.

==== Windows 10 ====

Windows 10? Are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Are you able to get into BIOS?

Solution
Feb 22, 2021
Hi thanks for your response, it's a brand new drive so no windows yet. There is no signal so no visible bios
The hdmi cable is one that is used by the TV so we know that works I will try changing out the sata though
We are going o install windows after we can get it to boot