Can't Get New Build To Start Up, Stuck In Reboot Loop

summeraude

Prominent
Oct 16, 2018
This build was bought in the summer of 2016 and has always had this issue. Build was sent back once to be checked out by Overclockers UK (where it was bought) to diagnose it and they said the only issue was RAM incompatibility, new ram was bought that was compatible but the same problem remained. Trying to find the problem only continued now because the build was bought for my gf and didn't have access to it for diagnosing myself until today.

Problem:
PC gets stuck in a boot loop and has never gotten to post. Most of the time I don't get a beep code but sometimes it will give 5 long beeps.
Specs of the build:
• Mobo: Gigabyte ga z170n-wifi rev1
• CPU: Intel i5-6400
• RAM: 2x Ballistix Sport LT White 4GB DDR4-2666 (BLS4G4D26BFSC)
• PSU: Corsair SF450
• GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 AMP! Edition
• Storage: Samsung SSD
I have done all of the following steps so far:
• Tested the RAM in every possible configuration (both slots, each stick in either slot)
• Checked for bent pins (none found)
• Checked if the CPU was properly seated
• Bios reset
• CPU power connector in different connectors on the PSU (3 of the same connectors for PCIE power and CPU power)
• Forcing backup bios
• With and without GPU
• With and without SSD
Most of these resulted in bootlooping without beeps, sometimes I would get 5 long beeps.
One of the problems is also that Gigabyte doesn't even list 5 long beeps on their BIOS beep code page and googling it gives all kinds of different results as to what that can mean.
Hope someone here can help with identifying the issue.

Edit: case is bitfenix prodigy.