[SOLVED] Can't get new GPU to work

Aug 21, 2019
I have recently adopted an old PC from a friend. Its got a good spec and works like a dream. However, the GPU is not a great one (Nvidia GTX 550Ti).

Following some research I picked up the Nvidia GTX 1060. Once installed, I updated the drivers and was faced with the dredded "Error 43", following a week of troubleshooting and looking for online tips. Nothing was solved. I assumed it was a the card itself, returned it. Following further research, i found that the Radeon RX580 is a similar price but a much higher spec. Naturally, I picked it up,

Got it plugged in, everything appeared to be running smoothly, LED's came on, fans started spinning, but no other power. Nothing on my monitor, no lights on on my mouse and keyboard.

I took it out and reinstalled it. Same issue.

If anybody has any suggestions please help.

Below is my spec. If there is a quality card which is more suitable to my spec please let me know!

Motherboard: ASRock M3A UCC

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Memory: 16GB RAM (Unsure of specific brand)

Storage: Kingston A400 240GB SSD & 1TB MDT HDD

PSU: Aerocool Intergrator 600W 80+

Case: Aerocool Shard ATX

Solution
Most of the newer GPU's will not work on a motherboard that does not have a UEFI bios but it depends on the brand whether they put a dual Bios on the GPU or not. There is no list that I know of that will tell you what brands will work on an old board or not, there were some Sapphire boards that had a switch for legacy or UEFI. I found some used XFX RX460's on Ebay that work on legacy bios and bought them for my and my brothers legacy computers. I can certify that that brand XFX RX460 with dual fans will work. Also some of the Older Prebuilt Lenovo and Dell have Bios issues with the newer GPU's also.
Aug 21, 2019
You are using a very cheap low quality budget PSU for the RX 580. Please change that AEROCOOL PSU model. Aerocool PSUs must be avoided at all costs on any gaming PC.

Do you have the latest system BIOS ? Your PC is pretty old though. Are you booting in LEGACY mode ?

I have only just purchased the new PSU as the previous one died. So i do not want to change that if possible. What would be the best Graphics Card that I could get for the current PSU.

I flashed the BIOS to the latest system a couple of weeks ago so thats up to date.

How would I boot in legacy mode?

Most of the newer GPU's will not work on a motherboard that does not have a UEFI bios but it depends on the brand whether they put a dual Bios on the GPU or not. There is no list that I know of that will tell you what brands will work on an old board or not, there were some Sapphire boards that had a switch for legacy or UEFI. I found some used XFX RX460's on Ebay that work on legacy bios and bought them for my and my brothers legacy computers. I can certify that that brand XFX RX460 with dual fans will work. Also some of the Older Prebuilt Lenovo and Dell have Bios issues with the newer GPU's also.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution
Aug 21, 2019

I have looked further into this and it turns out it is my Mobo. I am currently purchasing a modern mobo and new cpu&memory.