Can't Get New Graphics Card to Work

combst1994

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
I recently assembled my budget PC build, first time and still new to everything and not very knowledgeable on the subject. So I have everything together, PC runs perfectly and for some reason I cannot disable the integrated graphics and enable the XFX R7800 series Ghost graphics card. I tried going into BIOS but there is no option for me to enable a card. I also went into device manager and all it said was that there was the Intel graphics and that's it. I've installed the drivers that I thought were the right ones from AMD's website and it says they install but I'm not getting any option when I right click on the desktop to go into the AMD settings. I'm very frustrated at this point and don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dell Optiplex 390
Windows 10 64bit
EVGA 430w 80+
250 GB HDD
Core I-5 2400
8 GB Ripjaws Ram
XFX R7800 Series Ghost

StoneyCashew

Commendable
Jul 19, 2016
Some trouble shooting ideas, one make sure that your plugging in your monitor to the graphics card. Next make sure that your card is actually running and that you have the right cables plugged in. Then lastly make sure that you have your card in the top most slot on your motherboard. If these are all checked please send another message and let us know. Thanks!

combst1994

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
If I plug in my HDMI cord from the tv into the HDMI port on the graphics card nothing happens. My screen is black. The only way to use my computer is if I use the HDMI port from the motherboard. The card does run. The fans on the card work but I don't know if that's a factor into being able to tell if it is hooked up correctly. I don't know if it makes a difference but the card has two 6 pin connectors on it but my power supply only had a 6+2 connector so I plugged in the one directly from the power supply and then bought an adapter that is called LP4 to 6 pin PCI E for the second 6 pin connector on the video card. And as far as putting the card in the top most slot, I only have one to put it in. Thanks for your help.