Can't get out or do anything in safe mode

nekoniispar

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
I was trying to reinstall my drivers for my video card but when I go to safe mode, the screen is just black with text saying "save mode" in the corners. Ive tried doing a system restore point, change to a different safe mode setting, etc. Any help?

Solution
the only things i can find about this date back to xp... it seems the resolution of screen doesn't match monitor.

How are you getting into safe mode?

What you could try is download the win 10 ISO on another pc from here: win 10 media creation tool
create a USB or DVD (your choice)
change bios boot order so usb/dvd first, hdd second
Boot from installer - on screen after it asks for languages, select repair this pc, not install

Select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up options
select one of 3 safe modes...

guess this won't help if that is where you went already but safe mode shouldn't be using any res except a really low one. Can you try another input on monitor?

Colif

Win 11 Master
the only things i can find about this date back to xp... it seems the resolution of screen doesn't match monitor.

How are you getting into safe mode?

What you could try is download the win 10 ISO on another pc from here: win 10 media creation tool
create a USB or DVD (your choice)
change bios boot order so usb/dvd first, hdd second
Boot from installer - on screen after it asks for languages, select repair this pc, not install

Select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up options
select one of 3 safe modes...

guess this won't help if that is where you went already but safe mode shouldn't be using any res except a really low one. Can you try another input on monitor?

Solution