[SOLVED] Can't get past BIOS

May 10, 2020
My PC was working fine yesterday and I relocated apartments, and after that I cant get past BIOS. I have 2.5 SATA Samsung EVO 500GB and 3.5 SATA WD 1 TB; MSI Z270 SLI PLUS; i5 7600K; 2x8GB 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX. Everything is plug

When I power-off/restart my computer it goes straight to BIOS, I can still make changes, it sees my 2 drives (SSD & HDD) I tried both boot option menu (UEFI & UEFI/Legacy combined) - When I select UEFI and set boot priority 1 to UEFI Hard Disk (Which the Win 10 OS was installed and worked) and F10 to save and restart it loops again to BIOS menu.

When I select UEFI/Legacy and go to BBS menu I can see my Drivers (SSD & HDD) both enabled and recognized by the BIOS, and set boot priority 1 to UEFI Hard Disk: Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD. But when I hit F10 save and restart it goes black screen saying 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key..'
I read, watched everything and changed the settings according to those fix. Things I did and failed:
  1. F6 to change BIOS to optimized (default setting); disabled secure boot, disabled fast boot
  2. Updated BIOS (downloaded latest BIOS from official MSI website, formatted my usb flash drive to FAT32 and unzipped BIOS, copied to root folder)
  3. Cleared CMOS
  4. Changed CMOS battery
  5. I can't go to Advanced System Repair menu of Win that has different repair, start safe mode/command prompt etc options because I cant get passed the BIOS.
View: https://imgur.com/a/7BKm28m

If my SSD is damaged while moving, will I be even to turn on my computer and BIOS recognize my Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (which it does recognize)? What could be the problem? Please help. Driving me insane and have lots of work to do...Thanks, cheers.

Solution
First I would check inside your PC and reattach your ssd/hdds , power supply cables and RAM sticks. If that doesn't work, try to boot from a Windows 10 install media, which will get you to the Windows Recovery Environment.

TRENDING THREADS