Question Cant get past boot screen or enter bios! please help annoyed 12 yr old needs pc for home learning... sorry if this is in the wrong place

JuJu78

Honorable
Nov 18, 2016
Ok so heres the problem. My daughters home built pc has had no real problems but suddenly today it just wont boot past the asus screen and I cant get into bios to check if maybe the HD has fallen or anything ... please any advice much appreciated ... I can build a pc but diagnosing and fixing is really not my strong point ... also not sure where to post this thread ... thanks also just pulled her out from full time education to start home schooling due to problems so its really important to her to get this fixed.

Asus pro gaming mini mother board
i7 6700k
8 gb ram

JuJu78

Honorable
Nov 18, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Ive unplugged replugged hd and tried all the keys to get into bios with no luck. Not sure what to do next ... will buy new hd but I even tried plugging in old ones and still not doing anything ... also tried booting with usb with windows iso on and nothing .. hmmm

JuJu78

Honorable
Nov 18, 2016
Tried removing plug from the battery and holding power button if for awhile and no luck ... considering shorting the pins later on maybe ... also after unplugging and having a look around inside last night i'm now not even getting the asus boot screen ... I tried using the avg cable again still no luck ... thinking its the onboard graphics in her cpu ... all the lights on her board and red vein light all still work fine all fans etc seem fine so i'm a bit stumped as to what to do if shorting it still doesn't work? all I can think of is trying to replace her cpu and buying her a gpu which I just cant afford right now but still cheaper than taking it into a workshop being told what I think already and being charged for it.

Ok so ive decided to seek a new CPU and if that ends up not being the problem I had planned a new build for the end off next year for my son so it can go in his build.

Last edited: