Cant get past loading screen/keyboard select on computer Please help

Jpebble

Prominent
May 10, 2017
My computer was doing fine up until a few days ago when it started booting up into keyboard selection where I couldn't click anything and it would be almost like it was frozen on that screen. Then if I were to reset my computer from that it would just be stuck on the windows loading screen until it would blue screen with the error:Critical_process_died or something like that. I tried to download windows 10 onto a flash drive and put it into the computer but when I selected the flash drive to boot from it would just go to the command line and stay there with a blinking underscore. I have had this problem before in the past but I don't remember how I fixed it. Also I have tried to get to the windows restore point or whatever which hasn't worked, I have tried pressing f3 like my motherboard manufacturer says, which is msi, and nothing happens. I can still get into the BIOS though. Please help I really don't want to have to buy anything new for my computer or a new computer entirely.

Solution
First need full system specs, laptop, desktop, brands, models.

Exactly what happens when you turn on the computer, does the BIOS screen come up? Can you get into the BIOS and move around in there? Try your RAM one stick at a time or try different compatible RAM for the system. Could be a failing hard drive also, what you are seeing can often happen when the drive fails. Try booting off a Linux Live disk and see if the system works that way. You can use the Linux tools to scan the hard drive.
First need full system specs, laptop, desktop, brands, models.

Exactly what happens when you turn on the computer, does the BIOS screen come up? Can you get into the BIOS and move around in there? Try your RAM one stick at a time or try different compatible RAM for the system. Could be a failing hard drive also, what you are seeing can often happen when the drive fails. Try booting off a Linux Live disk and see if the system works that way. You can use the Linux tools to scan the hard drive.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS