Question Cant get ram stable

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
So guys i have a Ryzen 5 2600 cpu and a Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8Gb RAM DDR4 designed for ryzen CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16.
My motherboard is Asrock B450m Pro4.
I built the pc in september and the only thing that i did is setting the XMP profile to 3200MHz. And the problems started after 2 clean windows installations i still get random crashes while gaming without error code. Only twice i got BSOD about system service exeption. So i lowered the MHz in the menu and i think its okay. Updated BIOS to the latest possible version in the Asrock page too. And i started to play with the Ryzen DRAM overclocking program and tried everything and i cant get the ram set to 3200MHz every time i set the timings and everything the pc shuts down and starts about 5 times and starts to run at the default 2666MHz speed. Any tips with this RAM and motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Remove the CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes, then replace it. When you're on BIOS, manually input the timings, frequency and voltage.

I would also suggest that you downgrade to the version of BIOS that is 3.5 if you're on 3.9.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
So the version of the windows 10 that i am running is pro 1909 and the BIOS that i updated to is 3.5 mine old was 3.3. I removed the battery for about minute maximum and tried to overclock but still getting shut down and boot to 2666MHz i think that some od my overclock options arent right. The things that i think are stopping me are i cant find cLDO voltages and my CAD_BUS options all end with Drvstrenght not only Drv. And the last thing is If i havent selected xmp profile i cant manually do the timings. So i was wondering how to set the overclock without xmp.. I just mess up something maybe. Thank you again.

Last edited: